1 & 2 July 2019, Te Papa, Tongarewa Museum of New Zealand, Wellington
The primary industries are integral to New Zealand, deeply woven into our country’s fabric and the livelihood of many people who call New Zealand home. The primary sector plays in a vital role in supercharging the New Zealand economy and national GDP.
Primary Industries New Zealand will be a platform and focal point for New Zealand decision-makers and influencers involved in the primary industries value chain from producers through to research and science communities, technologists, marketers, Iwi and government to hear key analysis and expert insight informing the outlook for a sustainable future.
It will facilitate openings for high-level collaboration across the commercial and primary sectors and conversations centred around issues close to the hearts of our primary producers and showcase the best of New Zealand’s primary industries on a national stage.
Primary Industries NZ Summit themes:
- Geopolitics and trade outlook
- The latest from MPI on the Situation & Outlook data
- The Māori economy and its importance to leveraging New Zealand’s primary industry
- Trends and shifts in consumer preferences, and their impact on food and agriculture
- New Zealand’s contribution to climate change and living within our planetary limits
- Showcasing exemplars for innovation and technology