How to Enter
Entries open: Monday, 20 January 2020
Entry & Submission deadline: extended to 7 September 2020
Finalists Announced: 5 October 2020
Primary Industries Awards & Gala Dinner: 23 November 2020 at Te Papa Tongawera
PINZ Awards Entry Terms & Conditions 2020
Award categories are independently judged by a team of respected experts.
- Please prepare your entry with a maximum of 1800 words. You may upload relevant appendices digitally to support your entry up to 5 A4 pages (including photos and news articles)
- Entries may be transferred to an alternate category if the judges deem it suitable and appropriate.
- Entries will only be accepted through the PINZ Awards website and not via email or any other channel. Entries will not be accepted after the submission deadline.
All judges' decisions are final, no correspondence will be entered into.
For more information about the awards please contact Nikki Wright - [email protected]
The Entry Process
Stage 1 - Complete the Entry Form
- Please read the ‘Category’ section on this website to get a sense of what is required for each entry.
- All entries must be submitted via the online entry platform. You must register an account before proceeding to the entry forms. Emailed entries will not be accepted.
- To enter the awards, the person or company entering must complete the full entry form for the category they are entering.
- Submit your entry by the deadline of 5:00pm, 7 September 2020. You will receive a confirmation email to confirm receipt.
- Nominations must be submitted in accordance with the instructions set out on the entry form, along with the relevant information detailed in the entry criteria and category descriptions at https://primaryindustries.co.nz/awards/categories
- Additional information not forming part of the entry itself should be clearly marked so as to indicate which portion of the entry form it supports.
- Entrants may submit multiple entries in different categories but may only submit one entry per individual category.
- A candidate may be nominated by a third party. Following submission of the nomination, the candidate will receive an email requiring them to confirm (a) their agreement to the Terms and Conditions
Stage 2 - Judging review and finalist selection
Judges review and score all entries individually. Judges then meet to review and moderate their scores and select the finalists.
All entrants will be contacted prior to public announcement, and advised whether or not they have been selected as finalists
Awards Night and Gala Dinner: 23 November 2020 at Te Papa Tongawera
All finalists are invited to attend the awards where the winners will be announced.
Terms & Conditions
- To be eligible to enter the Primary Industries New Zealand Awards, candidates:
- must be currently living in New Zealand and are either New Zealand citizens or permanent New Zealand residents.
- must not be judges or direct suppliers of the Awards.
- who were category winners in the 2019 Primary Industries New Zealand Awards cannot enter the same category in the 2020 Awards.
- Employees of Conferenz Limited (“Conferenz”) and Federated Farmers of New Zealand (“Federated Farmers”), sponsors and companies directly associated with these Awards are not eligible to enter or be nominated.
- Nominations open on 20 January 2020 and close at 7 September 2020 (5pm).
- The judging panel and its representatives reserve the right to verify nominations in each category, for example by requesting further information or by contacting referees.
- The winners of each category will be announced on 23 November 2020.
- The judging panel reserves the right to make a special award that falls outside the prescribed categories, where, in the opinion of the judging panel, a candidate merits recognition not covered by the prescribed categories.
- The judging panel reserves the right not to make an award in a category.
- Information provided in entries (including any photo provided) may be made publicly available and may also feature in editorial coverage. Candidates may be contacted for editorial coverage by media and agree to participate in any interviews or other media coverage. Specified confidential information will not be used for editorial.
- Category winners agree to make themselves available for publicity purposes relating to the Awards, including without limitation participation in the promotion of the Awards for the following year.
- All decisions made by the judging panel are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Federated Farmers and Conferenz accept no responsibility for late or incomplete entries.
- The entry, judging and award process is managed by Federated Farmers and Conferenz.
- For enquiries about eligibility or other questions relating to the Awards, please contact Nikki Wright, [email protected]